TLC Marketing UK Limited’s ICO registration number is Z2323468 and our entry on the register can be viewed here. However, in this policy, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘TLC’ each mean all the companies that make up the TLC Group. This policy sets out how TLC uses (and protects) personal information - including information from the use of our website and participating in promotions organised by TLC and our partners.
TLC uses and stores personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide a direct marketing service
- Advertise and market on behalf of customers and partners
- Undertake research
- Maintain our own accounts and records
- Support and manage our staff
- Fulfil our legal obligations and exercise our legal rights (including legal proceedings)
If we collect information for one purpose and then intend to use it for a different purpose, we will seek your consent to do so and/or inform you where necessary or appropriate. Our legal grounds for using and storing personal information are explained in more detail below.
TLC is the Data Controller for personal information relating to people who have:
- Agreed to receive marketing information from TLC
- Taken part in promotions organised by, on behalf or with TLC
- Used TLC’s website and websites we operate on behalf of clients
Website visitors and people engaging with products, services or promotions
It is necessary for the products, services and promotions we provide for TLC to use and store personal information. We are committed to the privacy of every individual who visits our sites or sites we operate on behalf of a client, responds to our interactive advertisements and other communications or engages with our products services or promotions. We are also committed to transparency about how we use personal information and informing people of their rights in relation to the use and storage of personal information. More information about your rights is available at the end of this policy.
Types of personal information and how we collect it:
- Information that you provide by registering or by filling in forms on this site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to any services we offer, downloading information posted on our site, posting material or requesting further services
- We may also ask you for information in connection with or participation in any promotions or competitions sponsored, promoted or offered by us and/or any third party and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms and when you report a problem with our site or information we learn from your use of our service and your visits to our site
- Other information from your interaction with our site, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it:
The information we hold on you will be used in different ways. Here are the main ones:
- To provide a product or service you have requested
- Offer you a personalised experience and understand your needs better
- Inform you of events or updates you have asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
Specifically, we use your information we collect to carry out our business and to provide a service, product or promotion or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfil product, service or promotion requests
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration
- Contact you with important information relating to products, services or promotions, such as confirming your order, reminding you of an upcoming event or letting you know about changes that may affect you
- If you do not provide personal information necessary for a specific service, product or promotion, we may not be able to provide the service or product or you may not be able to take part in the promotion.
Who we share personal information with
We share information with partner organisations which are involved in the products, services or promotions. In relation to the Britax Römer Mastercard® reward incentive, the following organisations handle or store information on our behalf:
- Accomplish Financial Limited (company number 08365035), 64 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7JF
- Paysafe Financial Services Limited (company number 04478861), Compass House, Vision Park, Chivers Way, Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9BZ
- Modern English Digital Limited (company number 07401870), 57 Hilton Street, Fourways House, Manchester, M1 2EJ
In addition we may have to share information with regulators such as the ASA or HMRC.
How long we store personal information
To help TLC operate our service and meet our legal obligations we will store personal information for six years after the date of the product, service or promotion for which the information was used or stored.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed personal information relating to you is being used or stored (which is what this privacy notice is for)
- The right to access personal information relating to you which we use or hold
- The right to object to the use of personal information relating to you carried out on the ground of legitimate interests
- The right to withdraw consent to the use or storage of personal information relating to you where the ground for the use or storage is your consent. The withdrawal of consent will not affect any use or storage of personal information relating to you which was based on consent before it was withdrawn.
- The right to erasure of information relating to you that we use or hold (only in some circumstances)
- The right of data portability
- The right to have personal information relating to you rectified if it is inaccurate
- The right to have personal data relating to you restricted or blocked from being used or stored
Please be aware that these rights are not always absolute and there may be some situations in which you cannot exercise them or they are not relevant. To help you understand how they work, we have provided links to the Information Commissioner’s Office’s guidance on each of the rights.
If you have any cause for concern about TLC’s handling of personal information, please contact us using the details below. If we are unable to resolve your concerns about our handling of personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
TLC may modify this Privacy statement and you should therefore periodically visit this page to be sure that you have read and agree with our most current privacy statement. We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
TLC’s website and websites we operate and administer on behalf of our clients places Cookies on your computer.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device by websites. They store preferences and other information to allow you to use the website efficiently and also provide information on how websites are used. Some cookies are essential for the website to function, others are optional. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Further details on removing Cookies is available on www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that removing or blocking Cookies may interfere with your full use of our sites.
We use session Cookies to store information that are essential for the website to function. This includes Cookies that store code validation and reward information. These Cookies expire when you terminate your browser session.
These Cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These Cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
What first party Cookies does this site use?
|PHP Session ID||PHPSESSID||Preserves user session state across page requests.||On close of current web session|
|Google Analytics Consent||gaconsent||This cookie tells us if you consent have the Google Analytics cookies listed below monitor your browsing. If you have not consented to this, we will block and/or remove these cookies form your browser.||1 year from creation|
|These Cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use a TLC site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The Cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_||1 minute|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.||30 seconds to 1 year|
|_gac_||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.||90 days|
|You can find an overview of privacy at Google here. For information on how to opt-out from all GoogleAnalytics cookies (from all sites not just from TLC) visit Google.|
This site does not use any third party Cookies.
If you would like more information on the Cookies used by our site (and any other site) you can do so from within your web browser by following these steps: www.wikihow.com/View-Cookies
Legal ground for Cookies collecting personal information
Where consent is required for Cookies to be placed on your computer, TLC’s use and storage of personal information relating to you provided by the Cookies is based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by updating your Cookie settings and contacting us at email@example.com. Where consent is not needed for cookies to be placed on your computer (for example, where a cookie is needed for the operation of our website), the use and storage of any personal information provided by the cookies will be based on legitimate interests. The legitimate interests we are pursuing are the operation of our website and promotion of TLC.